Saturday, April 30, 2005

PalmOS

Next up, getting a PalmOS development environment up and running so I can get another old project up and running again.

The most convenient approach looks to be the version here, which packages up PRC-Tools 2.3, PilRC 2.9p10 and the PalmOS SDK V.5. This seems to put the SDK into /opt/palmdev/sdk-5, and the command line tools (m68k-palmos-gcc, m68k-palmos-ld etc) into /usr/local/bin.

The pdbc tools are also useful, so I pulled a copy of v0.9.5 from the PalmGear site. Out of the box, this gave syntax errors on every file I fed it; to get it to work I had to:

  • convert the lex and yacc source files to Unix file format
  • regenerate from the lex/yacc generated code (which needed chmod +w *)
  • rebuild (make)

To test things out, I also needed the Palm OS Emulator and the skins to go with it, from PalmSource (registration needed)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home