Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Booklet printing

Now that I've got a laser printer, I wanted to print things as compactly as possible—in booklet form, double sided. The CocoaBooklet utility seems to do a splendid job of this. I've set the preferences to A4 paper, destination "Same as Original" with a "-booklet" suffix, options "Do not flip odd pages" and "Split the document into odd and even pages" armed.

Dragging a PDF file onto the application, this gives me an Even-booklet.pdf and an Odd-booklet.pdf file. If I then

  • Print the Even-booklet.pdf file in reverse order
  • Flip the printout for printing on the other side by just putting it into the manual feeder, preserving its orientation (face down, with the two tops of the printed pages on the right hand side)
  • Print the Odd-booklet.pdf file in forwards order
I get the booklet I'm after

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

galloglass, why can't more sites be as good as yours!!! You see I am changing my life at the moment and I have decided to start a work at home mums site. I am trying to get inspiration so I can become easier to talk to. You site has given me some ideas. I talk to a wide range of people and I need to relate to everyone I come across so thanks for your posts! The title 'Booklet printing' caught my eye so I thought I'd post on this one. Cheers.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Hillary Templeton said...

Hi there galloglass, I am out searching for the latest information on dowsing and found your site. Although Booklet printing wasn't exactly what I was looking for, it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page when I was looking for dowsing related information, and I'm glad I stopped by even though this isn't a perfect match. Great post, thanks for the read!

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably the most valuable blog post I've read all week. Thanks.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home