Firstly, I used FinkCommander to install a collection of lower-level utilities that are needed:
Nextly was to get all of the relevant Perl modules installed. This are the things
./checksetup.pl --check-modules command spits out; roughly:
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Bundle::Bugzilla"': this is a shortcut to get all of the really-required modules in one go; there were a few problems, but running it repeatedly seemed to work eventually.
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Chart::Base"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "PatchReader"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "GD::Graph"'(pointing it at the
- For the
XML::Parsermodule, I had to tweak things by hand a bit
cpan> look "XML::Parser"
# perl Makefile.PL EXPATLIBPATH=/sw/lib EXPATINCPATH=/sw/include
# make; make test; make install
./checksetup.pl --check-moduleswas happy, so I moved on to the full
./checksetup.pland edited the generated
- changed the value of
$db_passto a password
- changed the value of
wwwto match the running Apache server
Some tweaking of the MySQL setup next:
- created a
/usr/local/mysql/data/my.cnffile, and added
- set up a
bugsuser from the
mysql -u rootcommand line:
mysql> GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, INDEX, ALTER, CREATE, LOCK TABLES, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, DROP, REFERENCES ON bugs.* TO bugs@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
At this point, running
./checksetup.pl did a bunch of work: setting up Apache configuration scripts,
generating tables in the database, setting up an administrator account. Nearly there!
Next is webserver setup. To make the Bugzilla directory (
/usr/local/bugzilla-2.18.4 for me) visible to
the webserver, I just put in a symlink:
cd /Library/WebServer/Documents; ln -s /usr/local/bugzilla-2.18.4
bugzilla. Then I added the following chunk of configuration to
/etc/httpd/httpd.conf (just before
Section 3 in the existing file):
<Directory /Library/WebServer/Documents/bugzilla> AddHandler cgi-script .cgi Options +Indexes +ExecCGI +FollowSymLinks DirectoryIndex index.cgi AllowOverride Limit </Directory>
killall -HUP httpd (to get the config file reloaded) and woot,
looks to be up and running.
The only thing left to do is to set things up so that Bugzilla can send out emails (in a manner that's effectively
equivalent to running