Sunday, January 08, 2006

Bugzilla mail

To finish off my Bugzilla installation, I need to get email working. Thunderbird is working fine, but I need to configure things so that command line email works.

Postfix 2.0.10 looks to already be installed and running under Mac OS X 10.3.9, so the first step is to edit /etc/hostconfig so that Postfix starts at boot time (by setting MAILSERVER=-YES-).

At this point, a command line mail somebody@email.address works, but triggering Bugzilla to send a mail (by reassigning a bug, say) gives an error "undef error - Can't open sendmail at /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/CGI/Carp.pm line 314"). Looking at the perl code in Bugzilla/BugMail.pm, it looks like the path to sendmail is hardcoded as /usr/lib/sendmail—so I just put in a symlink: ln -s /usr/sbin/sendmail /usr/lib/sendmail.

With that, mails from Bugzilla do start to get through, but the From: address isn't quite right. Time to edit /etc/postfix/main.cf to set myorigin = lurklurk.org, and then mails are coming from a more sensible place.

[Edit 13-Jun-06: The straightforward setup sends mail directly from my box, and this was getting bounced by some mail server recipients. To sent via my normal SMTP outgoing server, I also needed to change the value of relayhost.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home